Parks and Greenspaces
Or just in general:
222 Upper Street Islington
London, N1 1XR
Tel: 020 7527 2000
Fax: 020 7527 5001
Minicom: 020 7527 1900
General enquiries form
- Bus: 4, 19, 30, 43
- Tube: Highbury and Islington Station Train: Highbury and Islington Station (3 min Walk).
- Road: The front entrance to the building is on Upper Street, with limited on-street parking available within 50m.
- Cycle: There are public cycle racks at the front of the building.
- Walk: Find us on the London A to Z map, page 50 (B6).
The front entrance of the building faces the Union Chapel in Upper Street.
Short term parking is available outside the entrance. It should be noted that there are three steps up from the road onto the pavement. People with mobility difficulties are recommended to park in Upper Street, just prior to Islington Park Street, (heading towards Highbury Corner), where the route is relatively flat. However, parking is not permitted after 1pm on the north-bound side of Upper Street; this is strictly enforced.
Drop Off Point
For people with mobility difficulties, the nearest accessible drop-off point will be in Laycock Street.
There is level access into the building.
The reception desk is immediately in front of the entrance to the building.
There is an accessible toilet, ask at the reception desk.
Access to other floors
- There are three accessible lifts
- There are stairs as an alternative to the lift
Induction loops are available at the main reception and Customer Service desks.
Video link to a BSL interpreter – this service is available on demand Monday- Friday, 9am to 5pm, except bank holidays.
Information in alternative formats
Information is available in accessible formats on request.
Further access information for 222 Upper Street can be found on the DisabledGo website.
Services at this building
A range of council services are currently based at 222 Upper Street. Contact Islington is the council’s main point of contact for the public, and is based on the ground floor.